Wednesday, January 18, 2012

La Taqueria- Cambie St.

I am a huge fan of La Taqueria on Hastings. One of my favorite places to go. I had been trying to get to newest location on Cambie Street since they opened, but I kept trying to go on a Sunday when they are not open (I forget every time!). It finally dawned on me that I am across from the Canada line and since La Taqueria Cambie is located directly across the street from the Broadway-City Hall station, it is now a lunch time destination!

lataqueriacambie 004

I like the design and feeling of this new location. The style is the same with bright colours and Mexican accents, but the large windows running across the restaurant give this location a bright and sunny feeling.

lataqueriacambie 001

lataqueriacambie 002

The menu at the Cambie location is the same as the Hastings location. The regular menu offers some beef, pork, chicken and veggie/vegan offerings, plus a daily special.

My order was the same as I usually get. Sometimes the special of the day will grab me but I am a creature of habit and I love these tacos:
ASADA- grilled ‘AAA’ flank beef
CARNITAS- pork confit with pickled red onions
AL PASTOR- pork marinated in achiote chilli and pinapple
POLLO CON MOLE- maple hills chicken with chocolate mole sauce (contain nuts)

lataqueriacambie 003

That is a beautiful plate of tacos. There are sauces available that you can add to the tacos, but I am a purist and ate them as is. My favorite, at this time, is the Al Pastor. I love the spiciness of the pork and the sweetness of the pineapple. I had no complaints about any of the other tacos on the plate. They are all moist and flavourful. Messy to eat, but so very tasty.

I will have to do a test to see which location is closer and faster for me. The Hastings location might be closer but they are slammed at lunch time and the Cambie location is a bit bigger for seating. I look forward to conducting that test! Tacos!

La Taqueria on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I was recently introduced to this place. I love tacos. My friend, who lived in Mexico for several years, says these are the closest to authentic (lack of a better word) she's had.

    ReplyDelete